Psiloflora is a mixture of psilocybin containing mushrooms or truffles in combination with the Passiflora incarnata, a mild MAO inhibitor. The reason why we add the passion flower to the truffles is that this mix adds some nice properties to the psychedelic truffles without greatly increasing the risks of complications as with strong MAO inhibitors (ayahuasca, psilohuasca, etc.).
The combination of the psilocybin and the Passiflora incarnata gives the following advantages:
- Soothing effect
- Deeper trip (triplevel 5)
- Longer trip (up to 8 hours)
- Clear trip
- More visual trip
Apart from the improving effect of a psychedelic trip the Passiflora incarnata is also sometimes used without psychedelics against ADHD, nervousness, nervous heart problems, Parkinson’s disease, seizures, muscle cramps, hysteria, hypertension, PMS, epilepsy, skin disorders, hemorrhoids, burns, asthma, whooping cough, bronchitis, infections and as a painkiller for many ailments. Also for problems related to menopause. It is also used as a means to reduce the effects of alcoholism, to make it easier to stop drinking and is also used for delirium tremens.
Read more about Passiflora incarnata here
Various types of psychedelics
A lot of people who have undergone psychedelic therapy or attended ceremonies often know the terms MDMA, LSD, ketamine, psilocybin, psilohuasca and ayahuasca. These are all psychedelics. One psychedelics is not the other and the effect differs. However, there are also many similarities between these psychedelics and that is because almost all of them mimic the effect of the tryptamines serotonin a DMT. As these psychedelics owe the hallucinogenic effects to stimulating the 5HT-2a receptors in the brain. Looking for the highest stimulation with the least risk of complications we arrive at psilocybin (truffles/shrooms).
For whom is the psiloflora ceremony suitable?
Because of the prolonged duration of the psychedelic effects it is advisable to have some experience with psychedelics. Don’t you have any experience with psychedelics then you can still participate but then it’s advice to take less of the psilocybin tea and if desired is to take any second psilocybin tea one hour after ingestion. If anxiety plays a major role then it is advisable to start with a low dose or medium dose truffle ceremony.
See below our advice for suitability to participate in the truffle and/or psiloflora ceremonies.
|Truffle ceremony||trip level||Duration (h)||Suitability|
|High dose||4-5||4-6||Some experience|
|Heroic dose||5||5-8||More experienced|
|Extended psiloflora**||4-5||8-10||Some experience|
The reasons to participate in a psiloflora ceremony vary, with the reduction of depression, anxiety and burn-out being the most often said. Other reasons are self-development, spirituality and curiosity. What we do know for sure is that whatever reason is mentioned beforehand, something always happens that gives the trip a therapeutic character.
The psiloflora ceremony is a superlative to regular truffle ceremonies and offers a deepening of psychedelic healing powers.
An even longer and more elaborate ceremony is the Extended psiloflora ceremony.
There are a number of medications, physical and psychological conditions that do not go well with psychedelics or other natural products that we use. The contraindications for the psiloflora ceremony are more extensive than just the truffle ceremony and are the following.
These are the physical contraindications:
- Kidney diseases
- Neurological disorders
- High blood pressure
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Brain haemorrhages
- Adrenal problems
- Abnormal blood cells
Below are the spiritual contraindications:
- Other severe mental illnesses
The following medication should be phased out in consultation with the person prescribing it to you and may not be used one month before the psilohuasca ceremony until 7 days after the ceremony:
- SSRi: citalopram (Cipramil®) – escitalopram (Lexapro®) – fluoxetine (Prozac®) – fluvoxamine (Fevarin®) – paroxetine (Seroxat®) – sertraline (Zoloft®) etc…
- SNRi: Venlafaxine (Efexor) – Duloxetine (Cymbalta) etc…
- TCA: mitriptyline (Tryptizol®) – clomipramine (Anafranil®) – imipramine – nortriptyline (Nortrilen®) etc…
- Benzodiazepines: oxazepam (Seresta), – diazepam (Valium) – alprazolam (Xanax) etc…
The following medication should not be taken during the 3 days before and 2 days after psilohuasca intake:
- Drugs against high blood pressure: (methyldopa, guanethidine, reserpine)
- Opoids (especially dextromethorphan (found in cough syrup), tramadol! ) morphine and codeine
- Drugs against colds, nasal congestion and cough medicine (if they contain dextromethorphan or sympaticomimetics) (Otrivin® and others).
- Sibutramine (medicine against obesity)
- Sympaticomimetics. (amphetamines, cocaine, methylphenidate (Ritalin®, Concerta® and Equasym®), dopamine, adrenaline, noradrenaline, isoproterenol)
Do not take any of the following drugs at least 7 days before the psiloflora ceremony and 3 days after the ceremony:
- Psychedelics such as LSD, MDMA, Ketamine and all other mind-altering drugs
- Weed or Marijuana
- Ephedra and other strong weight wastes
- Iboga/Ibogaine (discontinue month in advance)
Alcohol should also be avoided during the 7 days before and 3 days after the ceremony. Other types of drugs and addictions should also no longer be ingested or used.
Nutrition and diet
In the 3 days up to and including 2 days after the psiloflora ceremony you serve prevent nutrition with a high tyramine content. It is therefore a question of the following foodstuffs:
- Fruits: No limitation
- Vegetables: No sauerkraut
- Herbs: No liquorice, St. John’s wort and ginseng.
- Meat: No raw, smoked or cheese-cooked meat or fish.
- Sliced meats: None of the sliced meats are allowed
- Dairy: No cheese, no unpasteurized milk
- Seafood: No trassie
- Nuts: No limitation
- Bread: No sourdough bread
- Soy products: No tempé, soy sauce (soy sauce), fish sauce, Tamri and Worchestershire sauce
- Drink: No herbal tea with St. John’s wort and/or liquorice.
- Alcoholic beverages. No alcoholic beverages.
- Yeast: No Marmite, Tartex, brewer’s yeast, bread drink and maggi.
- Lace and ready: All meals that are not fresh are not recommended. Even your own leftovers must be cooled down quickly and within 24 hours drawn up.
- Fermented products: None of the fermented products are allowed.
- Candy: No licorice or liquorice products. Also avoid sugars.
Eat as little processed food as possible and always go for the most fresh produce. Preparing your own food from fresh products is in several much healthier and will contribute to an overall improvement of your (mental) health.
On the day of the ceremony
On the day of the ceremony, do not use 5HTP, valerian or any other soothing herbs. Also do not consume caffeine or green tea. On the day of the ceremony, you stay sober and don’t eat. Do drink regular water. Don’t worry about appetite or hunger. After the drinking the psilocybin tea will soon eliminate hunger.
Where’s the psychedelic ceremony?
Read more about our locations by using the links below.
Psiloflora ceremony reviews
You can read here what others say about the psiloflora ceremony we offer.